Thursday, October 03, 2002

I have decided that i HATE my sociology professor. Not only is he incredibly, incredibly boring, he is perhaps the stupidest man in the world. This sounds a bit harsh, but seriously, if you're gonna teach college kids, you should probably know how to SPELL. anyone who knows me should know that i have a huge problem with people who can't spell. So i have a huge problem with this guy. The other day in class, he spelled "bourgeoisie", "beorgiosi". What is THAT???? I know anyone who was in Humanities sophomore year is feeling me on that one. Miss Hurt and Mrs. Peters drilled that one into our heads. and i just cant believe that this guy who is supposed to be so educated doesn't know how to spell it. And he acts like he's sooooo smart.

I've also decided that my Ethics professor is on drugs. The other day in class, he was very giggly (and he usually is not a happy person at all). He kept making strange comments and then would bust out laughing until he was in tears. For example:

Student: "But she gave us 3 stages of fetal development in the notes, and you give us 6 in yours. That's confusing to us."
Professor: (begins to giggle) "Just imagine how the fetus feels." (explodes into laughter)
Class: (wondering out loud to each other) "Is he stoned or what?"

OR

Student: (answers a question that professor gave class)
Professor: "That was a really good answer. Wow. Especially coming from a guy wearing a cap like that." (referring to the guy's stupid baseball cap)
Class: (thinking that was very rude)
Professor: "you know what, I'm going to give you 2 extra credit points, just for wearing that cap." (starts to giggle uncontrollably)
Class: "What the hell is going on?"


I'd also like to mention that I just wrote a 6 page explanatory essay about working midnights at a gas station. I KNEW the good old Shell would come in handy for something one day. God Bless Dawn Marlett. Goodnight everyone

No comments: